Diverse winter holiday in Bad Mitterndorf, Styria
Sports & fun beyond ski slopes: winter in the Salzkammergut
Not everyone is into skiing and some diversity can’t do any harm: The winter in the Salzkammergut offers a number of sportive and fun activities for varied holiday days. Here’s a brief overview for planning your winter holiday in Bad Mitterndorf!
This and that and even more: winter in the Ausseerland
• Sledding on the 6 km long natural sled run on the Knoppenberg (10 minutes from Bad Mitterndorf, sled rental) and the night sled run on the Grafwiesenlift in Tauplitz village (10 min. Tues & Sat from 5.30-8.30 pm, in February Tues, Thurs, Sat, sled rental)
• Ice skating on the Bad Mitterndorf ice rink with evening lighting, free use, and on natural ice on the lakes in the Ausseerland
• Snowshoeing with a trained hiking guide: information and registration at Apparthotel Montana’s front desk
• Winter hiking on 25 km of cleared winter hiking trails and on the Tauplitzalm ridge trail
• Ski touring – best with a mountain bike, information at front desk
• Alpine curling at Gasthof Neuwirth, rink open daily from 2 pm, ice stocks, warm beverages and food
• Sleigh rides on the Bad Mitterndorf-Obersdorf sleigh route (Tuesday mornings) and Bad Mitterndorf-Krungl (Tuesday afternoons), check schedule!
• Tandem flying from Loser and Krippenstein
Fun winter in the Salzkammergut: Aussee carnival
Old traditions are alive and well in the Ausseerland, including the carnival in Bad Aussee and Altaussee. The procession of the drumming women (who only consist of men, however) and the “Flinserl”, whose ornate garments are a unique attraction in itself, shouldn’t be missed!
However long the winter in the Ausseerland might be, it never gets boring. Secure your room in the Apparthotel Montana now and look forward to an unforgettable winter holiday in Bad Mitterndorf: Send non-binding inquiry now!